vineri, 28 ianuarie 2011

A "Big" Update

Not big in the sense that I have some great announcement or have actually accomplished a thing (Weight - 145 pounds. Still, pffft!) but a big update in the sense that I haven't updated in forever. I had a really busy work week and had to make the choice between leisure time on the computer and actually working out. For once I chose working out.

So here's what I've been up to the last week.
  • I've religiously stuck to the low-fat eating plan. This is in spite of the most incredible food craving I've ever suffered through in my entire life. Yesterday I would have given my left arm for a McDonald's coke and fries. Instead I settled for a hard boiled egg and some raw broccoli. It just wasn't the same, let me tell you, but the craving passed once I got some protein in me.
  • Still no treatment effects but I attribute that to following the low-fat eating plan. I'm beginning to think that if you just eat smart and don't cheat you escape all the scary parts of taking Alli but I'm not letting my guard down.
  • It was that time of the month. (Have I mentioned how I simply can't believe the intimate things that I'm reluctant but willing to disclose on this blog?) My weight shot up to 148 pounds. I'm back down to 145 now but I feel like I've lost an entire week's worth of progress.
  • I've started working out. 40 minutes a day on a stationary bike (goal: 6 to 7 days a week) plus a work out with light weights (goal: 3 days a week).
For those of you curious about Alli, today is day #19 for me and I've lost 5 pounds. It's been an up and down kind of thing but there's a hormonal component in there that's not the fault of Alli or my eating habits. Hopefully now that I've added some exercise into the mix my weight loss will get a serious kick start.
I REFUSE to get discouraged and I still credit Alli for keeping me honest on the low-fat diet. I may not be shedding the pounds as quickly as I'd like but at least now I'm more motivated than I've ever been before. Knowing that The Enforcer (Alli) will punish me with treatment effects makes me focus on my goal and keeps me from cheating.
~ Fitness Update ~
Day #19 - 145 pounds
Working out 40 minutes to an hour each day

2 comments:

Beautiful Disaster said...
Quick question... the scale you have, is it just a regular scale that gives full pound numbers? I obviously use one that has increments of 0.2. I have to say, it's really motivating to me that I can see a 0.2 loss for the day instead of it just saying the same whole number for 3 or 4 days. At least I have something to grasp on to of what I did right or wrong the day before. It's something to think about.
Annaliese said...
My scale gives the weight in whole pounds. I've thought about getting one with the .2 increments but decided against it. I obsess enough over the whole numbers. LOL! Thanks for the suggestion though.